In this workshop, Dr. Dubey will present the foundations of Pranayama (Breathing practice) in a safe, correct, and authentic way based on traditional texts and science. We will learn about the shat kriyas, the mudras (postures with locks) and bandhas (locks). We will also practice Asana based on Patanjali’s guidelines, cleansing techniques, and chanting of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
Prerequisites for the workshop
• Ability to sit on the floor cross legged, comfortably for at least 15 minutes
• Knowledge & personal practice of Yoga, or a deep longing to learn
This workshop is an introduction to the "Kaivalyadhama method of practicing Pranayama", from which to begin your personal practice. In this workshop you will LEARN:
● What is Pranayama and how to prepare & cleanse the organs involved in breathing for Pranayama
● How Pranayama helps tone the nervous system & improve our breathing
● Why an erect, steady and comfortable sitting posture is important and how asanas can help us achieve that
● The important role your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles play in pranayama breathing
● How we can reduce stress simply by correcting our breathing
Vartika Dubey, PhD is the daughter of Sh.OP Tiwari and disciple of Swami Digamberji. She started the Kaivalyadhama Health and Yoga Research Center, Inc., USA, also known as Kaivalyadhama, USA in 1997 with Dr. Subhash. The center conducts its activities mainly in New York and in North Carolina. Vartika is the Yoga teacher and day-to-day operations manager for the center and mainly conducts the activities in New York. She has been trained in Pranayama by her father and has had the blessing of her guru and father both to teach Pranayama.